Monday, December 29, 2008

Happy Holidays!!!

Well, here I am in the limbo between Christmas (Yule) and New Years--my bed is full of un-made cardboard boxes, I have a new (bigger) set of luggage, and have the airline rules memorized (for example, it is $15 for the 1st checked bag, $25 for the 2nd, and $100 for the 3rd (I'm only bringing 2) It costs $150 for the dog that is going as checked baggage and that doesn't count as one of my bags and my service animal's backpack does not count as a carry-on) I think I could work as a travel agent after this one.

I have completed my timesheets but I still have a few things to wrap up at the office, I also have to meet with my mother-in-law for lunch, get the travel certificates for the dogs, pack up the shipments that will be sent after I leave, refill some prescriptions, find the tv remote (okay, this has nothing to do with STX but it is driving both my husband and I NUTS...), find my tea strainer (this has to be shipped :o) ), and figure out if we are going out for New Years Eve.

Whoooo-Hooo!!! My husband just found the remote!!! Don't know why it was upstairs but I have been fairly certain elves have been moving our stuff around for a while now. :) Okay, that's one thing done on the list.

I fly out on January 2nd at 8:30 AM from O'Hare Airport on American Airlines. Think of me on Friday, I will not have a chance to write until I get internet up and running at the house. And since things there are on island time...well, that will probably not be quick.

Hugs to all, I will update as soon as I can!
-H.

No comments: