Friday, January 2, 2009

January 2, 2009

Well, today is the big day. You may be asking yourself, "gee Heather, why are you writing at 3:40 in the morning on the day you are leaving?" the answer is unfortunately, I can't sleep because in less than 2 hours I will be leaving for the airport with 2 suitcases, 2 carry-ons, and 2 dogs. I am not going to lie, that is a lot of things. :/ We can barely fit it all in the car. Needless to say, I shall be tipping some skycaps during my travels this day.
I am all packed up, have about 10 boxes to ship (once I get a mailbox--there is no home delivery mail, I have to get a P.O. Box kinda thing), and Wilkes has to pack up about 5 more.
So, yesterday was New Years Day, (oh yeah, Happy New Year everyone!!!) and disturbingly there was a LOT of stores open. I don't know if I just noticed more this year because I was out and about (didn't go out the night before, minimal drinking, no hangover--lame new year's eve but I accompolished a lot more on the day after :) ) but I found it both incredibly convenient and yet kind of sad that almost every store had people working, I was able to get the dogs groomed, buy groceries, go to a bookstore, and go out to breakfast. It was as if there was no holiday to be celebrated and no real "rest" from the holiday rush that the new year is supposed to bring.
But then again, I had a lot of crap to do and was able to get it done, so I am mixed on the whole topic. I still felt the need to appologize to everyone who was working...
Sorry, I am rambling. Right at this very moment at 3:51AM CST (or 5:51AM St. Croix time) it is 68 degrees F in St. Croix. Whereas here in Chicago it is 26. The weather is something I am really looking forward to.
Alright, everyone have a lovely January 2. I shall (hopefully, if all goes smoothly, and there are no problems) arrive in St. Croix at approximately 4:30PM St. Croix time which is 2:30PM CST.
*hugs*
-H.

No comments: