Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Peace

I'm lying here on my deck hammock and it is a perfect night. It is not too hot, not too cold--balmy and breezy and the sun is setting. The trees surrounding the valley are lush with rain and my crazy neighbor has what can only be described as massage music playing. It is peaceful, calm, and what I wish every moment of my life could be.
Sadly, for I would love to live here for the rest of my days, I believe my time here is drawing to a close. The budget for my existence in St. Croix drains dry at the end of september and there doesn't appear to be a new well to draw from.
A wise (lazy?) person told me recently to be like water and follow the path of least resistance and I took that advice to heart. I will follow where this life takes me--what is meant to be will be.
For now, well, I am content to watch the sun set.

No comments: