Monday, November 9, 2009

Uh. so, November happened.

It just kind of hit me, I wasn't prepared, ya know. But today I just realized that it is freak'n November. Then I looked at the last time I had updated and that was LAST MONTH. Wowsa, I'm a slacker. If it makes you all feel any better I haven't been writing as much because I have been *doing* stuff.
Also, I now have a Wii; turns out that is a hell of a lot of fun. Just saying.
Let's see, having become a devoted fan of some other blogs (these things happen when you don't have tv) I know that I love the minutae of other people's lives. So, here ya go...random crap (yet again).

I am pale. Like--live in Chicago pale. I will be flying in on the 20th of this month and I *know* I am going to hear about it. I don't know how to explain any further that I live here, I am not vacationing here. There are limited amounts of time I can spend sunbathing while performing daily stuff. But, for the sake of everyone's expectations I will try to crisp myself this weekend.

Saturday night I went to a thing. Well, crap. I'm going to have to start from the beginning. You ever meet someone, someone who seems *so* happy with their life and with who they are that they are both inspiring and intimidating at the same time? That's Elizabeth. I do not have her full story but she is a lovely retired woman who is a friend of some friends and we all get along very well. She is part of a group of painters called the "Palleteers". They had an art showing saturday night. Free wine, food...and best of all--fun people.
In fact, I seem to have found my soul mates of obnoxiousness. I know, I know...a lady shouldn't be obnoixous. Here's the thing. In this world--there are assholes. You all know it. I know you do. If you are at a party or gathering and you end up trapped in a conversation with such an asshole and can't find a way out--well, you signal your friend and they rescue you. One of my friends Tabra got herself caught in such a pickle on saturday, and a group of us stared at her trying to figure out if she was stuck, or just expounding her point by waiving her arms. Turns out she was in fact stuck. whoops. So as a table we decided we needed a better signaling system. After going through a few; someone suggested whooping. You know, car alarm "whoop, whoop, whoop!" while not subtle, this certainly became h00-fucking-larious and became the theme song of the evening.
But then, then I got stuck with a lechery old italian dude who was like, "is your name Heather or Leather...bwahhahhah..how very sexual." Immediately I stared at him and sent out the call, "whooop whooop whooop!!!" and as friends started whooping along I yelled, "this is NOT a drill--Whooop, whoop!". Thankfully, this scared off the old lechery italian dude. So, I'm not sure--but this may be my new thing.

I *really* should tell ya'll about Halloween. Needless to say, I went to a party. And holy CRAP did I have fun. And in all honesty I could have used the whoop whoop a few times, but it hadn't been invented yet.

Work is going well, nothing too exciting (she says, hopefully not causing some sort of explosion by saying that).

Apartment living, well, honestly...I need a stand alone apartment. My neighbors are lovely people, I like them and their cats. But we are excessively close and share a wall, and one day I really thought if I heard Margaritaville one more time I was going to cry. But, that *did* get me up and out of the house. :) I torture them in the same manner for I have downloaded all of the Glee songs and have a tendency towards belting that out at full volume.

Dogs are doing fine, my new cat is decimating the local ecosystem and he goes in and out and has a disturbing habit where he goes out, kills a rat/mouse/lizard/elk, runs up to the screen door dragging its corpse to show me...then drags it away again. Bless his insane little ass--he still cuddles me at night. What more could I want in a cat? :) The dogs are occasionally underwhelmed with his existence.

Alrighty. This was a half-assed posting, but hey, they have to start somewhere.
Much love!
-H.

No comments: