Monday, November 16, 2009

My Thanksgiving Plans o' Wonder...

Thanks to the generosity of an un-named family member I'm flyin' home for Thanksgiving. Well, flying, flying, driving, driving, flying, and then flying. But who cares! I'm going to see people! People that I love! And my family! (Kidding! Ha! I totally love my family--I just cannot resist a cheap joke) So, here is the itinerary for my midwest tour '09. After work on Friday I sucker some poor bastard into driving me to the airport, or I park at the airport, or something along those lines. Then I awkward my way through customs...I always mess up the form or something. Then I settle in for my first nap...I mean flight to Miami. Arrive at Miami, eat something....then either run for my gate or wait a *really* long time. Depending on how close the gate is. If I'm feeling especially cruel I will order something to go, something with extra onions and garlic so I can stink up the cabin of my next flight....nah, wait--thats every other person I end up flying with...*sigh*. Then I arrive in Chicag where I will either wait for Wilkes to pick me up (we *never* time it right) or I wait for a cab to drive me home. Haven't decided yet.
Then home. Then some packing and meeting with friends. then some doctors appointments on monday--then swingin' by the old office to drop off my work computer which was *DENIED BY CUSTOMS (W.T.H.)* when I tried to ship it back and say hello to people at the company of which I quit. I will cry.
Then, if I can, I will convince them to take me drinking somewhere with wings. You know where...:) Failing that, I will go by myself. The "someone just quit lets go eat at RAM thing"...it needs to happen with me too, dammit.
Then tuesday--well, I'm sleeping in...and then packing some more stuff at the house. Then wednesday-the great migration to OH/MI. Where I get to see my family, I'm sure my mom will cry (I get my emotional state from her you know. :) ) and there will be much rejoicing as I get to see everyone. :) Then thursday there will be the eating....then friday, friday will be the shopping (and I will remember why I moved to a tropical island). Saturday we check out of the hotel and commute our way back to the windy city...Sunday I fly back to St. Croix. Monday back at work.
And, since it is 72 degrees here today and not sunny (rainy) I am freezing! like, need to get a long sleeved shirt on cold--so I am pretty sure once I land in Chicago I am going to turn into a popsicle and shatter anyway and all this planning will be moot.
Much love to ya'll.
-H.

No comments: