Thursday, December 24, 2009

Almost a year...Happy Eve!

Can ya'll belive I have been down here for almost a year? Yeah, me either. Yet, here we are on Christmas Eve. A year ago today I was back in the midwest hanging out with family--spending a lot of time talking about my "year" in St. Croix. Lots of changes this year, changed companies...okay, so that was the biggest change but there are lots of little ones too. I now have a (psycho devil minion) cat. Have officially learned (thanks Doolie) that I do not want a 3rd dog, and lived a whole year without having actual tv. Please don't think I'm a saint; I have netflix and watch a lot of tv onlne...just saying, I don't have network tv. I have learned that netflix is one of the best services in the world, that I fit in pretty well on this island of misfit toys, and I have learned I like my own company. Having never lived alone before--well, it's kind of nice. I have a lot more patience these days; because when everything take HOURS you have to develop patience. The last thing that I have learned is you can develop a callous regarding the beauty of the world around you. Yes, I have a deck overlooking one of the most beautiful views ever; often I prefer to go see what netflix I have to watch. It's sad, and yet nice that I feel at home enough to ignore the beauty.
Alright, enough of the year in review. Doolie update: this little (GIANT) bugger is a pain in the patootie! We have developed a system to keep him downstairs at night. The other 2 dogs sleep upstairs and the cat? well, who knows what he does. Sometimes I wake up with him stealing my pillow; sometimes he goes and kills things. anyway, with Doolie downstairs at night he sleeps as opposed to playing "kill the kitten" under the bed all night. Doolie goes home in T-4 days. Not that I am counting. :) He is a very sweet dog; just trying to determine his place in the household.
Alrighty, that's about all. Come the new year I am going to continue this blog. Probably involving themes (reviews, guest blogging, photo thursday, etc.)
Oh, Plans for the holidays? sorry, you all seem to want to know. Here is the Heather's schedule of Holiday events:

December 24th -- slacky dinner with husband and neighbors. eaten outside on the deck. turkey, stuffing, potatoes, cranberry, veggies, and dessert.
December 25th -- slacky (possibly still in pjs) breakfast at a friends house with pretty much everyone I know. Then onto the beach for a day of sunshine and waves.

New Years? no idea--but I have a great outfit! ;)
January 2nd -- Adult parade at 11AM local time. *very* excited to see this. I arrived on the 2nd last year and caught some of the teardown...the outfits look amazing. This year you can watch it live on the internet. :)
http://www.stxfestival.com/
January 3rd -- Recovery; then back to work. :)

Happy Holidays Everyone!
-H.

No comments: