Sunday, September 27, 2009

Lucy, you've got some 'splainin to do...

Good morning folks.
First off, I would like to 'pologize for the discombobulation of my last post. Apparently, if you are unaware of the details of my little "company change" that post was a touch shocking. Example: My college roomates mother (whom I adore) called my friend in horror thinking I had quit my job to become a beach bum. (Sorry Diane!!!)
To clarify, I start my new job next week. The new job is going to be exactly the same as the job I have been doing for the last 10 months. Just a different source of paycheck.

Here are some of the questions I've been asked--please note: answers are subject to change or blatant denial at any point.

#1. Why are you leaving your current company?

I didn't want to leave the island--more specifically "we" didn't want to leave the island. This was a mutual decision between me and the husband. Unfortunately he will be staying stateside for quite some time going to school, working on the house, and working. This will be a slow transition (like, years slow). But it is a long term goal and we are trying. It was a rock and a hard place kind of decision; leave a company I was comfortable with or leave the island. Those were my 2 choices.

#2. Isn't it hard living apart from your husband?

yup, sucks hairy donkey balls. Hate it. Love it when he's here although it is hard to learn to live around each other again and then when that's settled and happy then it sucks when he leaves. I am really lucky because I am making some good friends on the island who know Wilkes and we have a regular friday get together--it really helps keep me from getting too lonely.

#3. What are you going to do with your house? Rent or sell?

Probably sell, eventually. Remember--this is a long and slow process and no decisions have yet been made. Don't really know what we are going to do with all of our stuff. Don't know a lot actually. We are taking it one day at a time. Decisions as they are needed.

#4. Isn't your husband irritated that you have left him yet again to pack up a house and follow you?

Oh yeah, he's having some serious anxiety about that. I can't blame him. I mean, my solution when moving is to "give it all away" or "can't we burn it" or "screw it, let's stay". I HATE moving. I'm terrible at it. This was a mutual decision...but executing the decision is the suck-ass part.

#5. A Kitten? Why would you get a kitten?!? What the crap?

I may have lost a few mouse/rat battles; but i won the freakin' war. My crazy kitten who has officially taken control of my household -- his very existance has kept all rodentia out of my house. Suck it Rodentia!

#6. When's the next time you are coming to the states?

I am thinking of trying to come back to Chicago for Thanksgiving. I have the time off approved it is now just trying to figure out logistics of when, where, how? Right now my dream is that both sides of my family will make a magical reconcilliation and everyone show up in Chicago at a delicioius Polish Restuarant on Thanksgiving. But in reality I am going to have to figure out how to do a "midwest tour--thanksiving style". I looked into flying into Chicago and then flying out of Toledo or Detroit...but the timing is annoying. For example, who the crap is going to drive me to Detroit at 3AM on a Saturday? And if I fly out of Toledo--I end up BACK IN CHICAGO for a nice long layover. *shaking head* I will try to figure it out and will let you all know--because yes, I do miss you all and love you all very much.

So, anywhoodle--hope this little Q&A has answered some of your questions. When things were in upheaval at work it was really hard to write here because I couldn't say a lot that was going on. That led to awkward and disjointed posts.
Although, just a heads-up--be prepared for a vast quantity of postings regarding my new kitten (named Greebo). He's a little insane and he's kind of cracking me up.
Much love ya'll!

No comments: