Tuesday, June 2, 2009

The disk, the crash, the eyepatch and the bright red butt.

So, I have had 2 very close friends in town since last wednesday night. We have had fun bummin around and all sorts of stuff. Here is the long version of the story: The friday before I had washed the beasts in an attempt to save money-boy was that a mistake. Since I spent so much time bent over my lower back had a bit of a twang to it which by last tuesday had turned into a stabbing pain with a dull knife. Finally by wednesday I knew I had to get some help. I found a doctor who told me I had a slipped disk (oww) in my lower back. So, many hundreds of dollars later I had a diagnoses and the start of physical therapy.
Wednesday night my friends arrived, they were helpful with setting up their beds and getting stuff organized. We toured the island and I had physical therapy daily. Then monday came around; the girls were going to take a full day tour of buck island and I was going to work.
Monday morning we were zipping downtown and on a curve my truck started to slide. I slid into a pickup truck. It was horrible. Thankfully everyone is just fine. No injuries at all. But, it sucks. A lot. The adrenaline rush alone was insane. My friends hopped a cab downtown to go on their tour, my leased car was towed off, and the cop gave me a lift to work.
I rented a car after work (where, due to the rush and the stress I accomplished no work at all) and headed downtown to pick up my friends. Jenny's eye was swollen and itchy and Carol had missed one area with sunscreen. Her butt--which was the Brightest red I have ever seen.
So, between the crushed car, swollen eye, back pain and the ass with 2nd degree burns--we all went to bed at 8PM. It was a tough day.
The end.

No comments: