Saturday, May 16, 2009

Snorkeling

Today (saturday) was an idyllic day. It started out with a delicious breakfast at the Domino Club (aka "Norma's" aka "Beer Drinking Pig"). Jewels is the breakfast chef--and it is so good I go back every saturday. Oddly Jewels lives just down the road from me, she has a sweet American Bulldog named Missy. Anyone who bakes and cooks like she does is someone I am happy to have as a neighbor.
Then I went snorkeling. I joined up with SCUBA's west end tour. I saw a sea turtle--I swam next to it. It is so freakin' cool. This west end tour was not as interesting as last time because we stayed in one place. But it was still darn spiffy.
Because there is a cruise ship in port we couldn't snorkel at the pier. But F'sted is a busy town when the ships are in. Steel drums, booths selling tourist stuff, and a party atmosphere. After snorkeling I came home and ate a quick lunch and then set up dinner in the crock pot. Now I am settling in for a nap.
I love days like today.

No comments: